By now, most of you know that we homeschool. And while we've been doing school type activities for a while now, this is our first 'official year' of homeschooling since L is now in Kindergarten! As such, we joined a local homeschool group that meets once a month at Skateland...
for roller skating!
Now bear in mind that I haven't roller skated since oh, the eighth grade(!) and my kids have never even seen a roller skate. So, I was beyond thankful when an older girl took L and a friend of hers under her wing for the morning. I was also thankful that the 'skate giver outer man' who was able to tighten the wheels on L's skates to make them less 'slippery.'
L was in heaven! She loved everything about this activity and is counting down the days until the next roller skating day!
I Man begged me to put skates on him too but he only lasted about 5 minutes on the carpet before asking me to take them off.
This was near the end when she was skating all by herself!
He found the arcade games (which were off, thankfully) and was content pretending to drive for the rest of the morning. :-)
Side Note: A few of you have asked about homeschooling. Is anyone interested in seeing our homeschool adventures and what if anything are you particularly interested in seeing?
No comments:
Post a Comment