Saturday, February 9, 2013

Conversations

L:  "I'm as sleepy as God is mighty."
Me:  "Where'd you hear that?"
L:  "I made it up like soup in the backyard!"

{While looking at the wedding picture hanging in our room}
I Man:  "You're a princess mommy!"
Me:  "I am?"
I Man:  "You're not a princess right now, but in that picture you are!"

D:  "We should take you kids bowling sometime.  {to me} Are they too young to bowl?"
Me:  "Yep."
D:  "You guys are too young for everything!  What's the deal?"
L:  "We're not too young for snack, Dad!"

I Man: "Mom, get out the candles, you hafta make me a cake!"
Me: "Why?
I Man: "It snowed!"

D: "Three year olds put their stinky in the potty, I Man."
I Man: "I don't know about that."

A Prayer by L:
"Thank You for this food,
thank You for the beautiful necklace Mom has on today,
thank You for all the water You made.
Amen."

{While putting mittens on to go outside}
Me: "Is your thumb in?"
I Man: "Nope, he's over here with his friends!"

I Man:  "The fish with stripes is Nemo (pronounced 'name-o').
Me:  "Yep, he's orange, isn't he?"
I Man:  "He has a mom and a dad, well not a mom but a dad."
L:  "He had a mom, but she died because a shark ate her." 
I Man:  "A shark ate her?"
Me:  "Yep."
I Man:  "Oh." (sad and quietly)

Me:  "Good night sweet boy."
I Man:  "Good night sweet mama."

{While watching me put makeup on one day}
I Man:  "Why are you doing that Mommy?"
Me:  "It makes me pretty."
I Man:  "You are pretty, Mommy."

L:  "The time is 10:34." {which was not the right time}
Me:  "I think your watch is off."
L:  "Can you please turn it on?"
Me {distracted with the dishes}:  "What?"
L:  "Can you turn my watch on?"
Me:  "It is on."
L:  "But you said it was off."
This conversation was followed by a discussion of how some words have more than one meaning.

L: "I Man, in the spring we can go outside without a coat on."
I Man: "I don't want to go outside."
L: "Not now, in the spring!"
I Man: " I don't want to go outside in the spring."
L: "Yes, you will."
I Man: "No, I DON'T!"
Me:  Sigh! 

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

I love those conversations! I think my favorite is Lydia and her watch. Sweet.