Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Project Life ~ Weeks 48 & 49

 
With Thanksgiving behind us, it was time to deck the halls!   L helped us hang ornaments on the tree while I Man napped.
 
 
Later, he got the honor of adding the star...
 

he also thought this was pretty fun! 

 
The library held a 'Holiday Apron Workshop' for kids (4 & up) today.  L didn't want to make Christmas trees and ornaments, though.  She preferred butterflies and flowers instead! 
 
 
We do a fair amount of art projects around here but until today I Man had never used watercolor paints (I have a thing about the colors getting mixed together - are you surprised?).  He did a great job with them - hooray!
 
 
We talked about the letter D and dinosaurs this week so we made fossil cookies!
 
 
I must admit, I was disappointed that they didn't turn out better.  Can you see the Stegosaurus?
 
 
While the kids were outside playing today, I looked out the window to see them having a snowball fight.  After running for my camera, this was the best picture I could get.  I thought about yelling down for them to throw a few more so I could get a better picture, but I didn't (not that I would ever have them reenact something just so I could get a picture of it, ahem!). 
 
 
I'm pretty sure the only reason D wants a bit more snow is so it's not such a chore pulling these two through the snow grass!
 
 
We had a party to celebrate birthdays for J and N.  After lunch, the kids had gone to play and someone told them there was cake so I Man came running and climbed up into his booster...
 
 
totally unaware that he was in the middle of the pictures!
 
 
These 2 came running for cake, too!
 

With 50 degree weather on December 3rd and colder weather on the way, the kids and I headed to the park!
(more pictures coming...)

 
One morning, the kids made a boat complete with a telescope...
 
 
and Captain I Man!
 
 
Just like last year, we played Jack Frost's NOT lost, which involves eating a lot of marshmallows...
 
 
A LOT!
 
 
D made me a homemade McGriddle for breakfast this morning.  It doesn't look very appetizing in this picture, but trust me it was gooood!  D, you really are the best!!

No comments: