Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday

It's time again (and actually Monday!) for me to confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has!)...

While L and I were outside last week, I did NOT let her play with rocks. She did NOT put them in her pocket and carry them around the yard. Even if I had done that, I would have made her leave the rocks outside instead of bringing them in with us and I certainly would NOT have let her wash them on the kitchen floor once we got inside. Nope, NOT me!

I also did NOT let her paint these rocks the next day just for something to do. NOT me!
D, L and I (me, not the baby) did NOT head outside on Saturday to take some pictures of the (once again) flooded river despite the chilly temperatures...
I did NOT let L go out in a skirt and tights with her new 'chore boots' on. She is NOT carrying around another rock in her left hand...
This is NOT a stake at the edge of our yard showing where 40 foot flood stage would be. I was NOT at all worried that we would once again have to sandbag this year after seeing that the city had put up this stake (we didn't have to sandbag!).
This is NOT a picture of the river taken from our deck and that certainly isn't our chainlink fence in the picture. That would just be scary!

I did NOT take 42 pictures of baby I the other day just because he was very happy and smiley. I did NOT narrow it down to just 6 pictures to post here on my blog (see the All Smiles! post). Nope, NOT me!

Finally, I did NOT have the following conversation with L on the way home from church last night...

Me: "L, what did you have for snack in the nursery tonight?"

L: "Fruit snacks!"

Me: "Oh, yummy!"

L: "I ate them all up and then I went upstairs!"

Me: "I don't know if that part is true..."

L: "That's Goldilocks! She ate up all the porridge and then she went upstairs to try the beds."

L does NOT get her real life mixed up with fairytales. Nope, NOT her! ;-)

No comments: