Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More Antics of L

Ok, so I know in my last “Antics of L” post I said that I wouldn’t go on in hopes of not boring you. However, trying to remember specific things that L has done in the past is getting harder and harder (even if it was just a few days ago) and so for my own memory’s sake (and because I think some of you might enjoy these) I will add some more antics of L. And I may even continue to do so now and then! Read them if you want to, don’t if you don’t…ok?

* L’s newest phrase is “I’ll get it!” which she says whenever something drops. This, of course, means that she will drop things on purpose and say “I’ll get it!” even if she’s strapped into her car seat or stuck in her highchair.

* She likes to spin in circles saying, “turn around, turn around, turn around” over and over again. Too bad she gets dizzy and sometimes falls and then cries like it’s my fault! Silly girl!

* She says “hi” and “bye” to complete strangers no matter where we are! We took her for a walk last night and walked past 3 girls to whom L said, “hi, hi, hi!” She’s too friendly for her own good! Oh well, I think it makes other people’s day (well most people’s that is!).

* She is now climbing up on things. Today I turned around to find her on the ottoman reading her Bible. See?

* She confuses her opposites (yes, I know she's only 19 months old!). She will often say “Down!” when she is already down. If you tell her so, she will say, “Up!” She says “No!” to almost every question even if she means “Yes!” One of the only questions she doesn’t say no to is, “do you want to go outside?” to which she will reply, “shoes on!” She will tell us if the fan in her room is on or off but usually has to say both before getting it right. She says that everything is “Hot” and is especially adamant about it when the food has just come from the fridge. Could she possibly mean “cold?”

* If you don’t answer a question of hers, she will usually answer it herself. The other day we were reading books and she went to get another book and came back with a book and her Elmo doll. She said, “Elmo?” as if to ask if he too could read the book with us. I said nothing and after a few second she said, “Ok” and sat him next to her in my lap. Today, when D came home for lunch we heard the garage door and I said, “Who’s here?” She said, “Daddy!” when I didn’t respond, she said “Great Grandpa?” again I said nothing and she said, “No, Great Grandpa.” Apparently, she knew that it was in fact daddy and NOT Great Grandpa.

* Finally (for now, anyway), L is quite a copycat. She likes to do what mommy and daddy are doing. This works in our favor when we are eating mixed vegetables and drinking milk but not so much when we are eating chips and drinking pop (while, of course, still offering her vegetables and milk). Today D offered her watermelon (not a favorite of hers). She looked at him and said, “daddy eating it” and then at me, “mommy eating it” and then proclaimed, “L eating it!” and took a bite!

Awww…much better! Now I don’t have to try and remember all of these cute little things that I never want to forget! Oh, and you enjoyed them too, didn’t you??

No comments: