Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day

On the eve of Father’s Day weekend, I find myself thankful for my dad and the influence he has had in my life (Happy Father’s Day, Dad!). However, since having a child I have become very thankful for another father in my life!

Her father!
What can I say about the best daddy my daughter could ask for?? Perhaps, I should just say thank you!

D, thank you for…

  • Going to work every day and allowing me to stay home with L.
  • Coming home from work each day ready to play with L.
  • Finding interest in what L likes to do even if it means baby dolls, singing, puzzles, coloring or reading books time and time and time again!
  • Encouraging me when it has been a rough day (and I feel like a inadequate mother).
  • Changing diapers (even the stinky ones).
  • Making a big deal about L’s accomplishments and things like manners, using the ‘big potty,’ listening and obeying!
  • Giving up some of your own enjoyment (golf?!) just to spend more time with L and I (you can still golf, ya know!!!).
  • Being so selfless that you are constantly putting the needs of us before your own.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We love you! Happy Father’s Day!

No comments: