Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Conversations

L:  "Mom, do you like to move it, move it?"
Me:  "Sure!"
I Man:  "And then do you like to groove it, groove it?"
{Laughter from everyone except for I Man, because, apparently he doesn't like to be funny}

L:  "I'm going to marry a boy who is NOT allergic to peanuts."
Me:  "Oh.  Why's that?"
L:  "Because, I just love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!"

I Man:  "Mom, LJ's wearing his shoes in the house!"
Me:  "That's OK.  He doesn't really wear those ones outside."
I Man:  "Why does he wear shoes if he doesn't walk outside?  Is it the fashion?"
Me:  {Laughter}  "I guess so."

{While talking about the Masters}
D:  "Do you know what you get if you win the Masters?"
Me:  "Money and a green jacket."
L:  "I wouldn't want a green jacket.  I'd like pink!"
D:  "What about over $1,000,000?  Would you like that?"
L:  "Yes.  But I'd put it in the bank...I wouldn't keep it in the house."

{While looking at LJ's new cow pillow pet}
I Man:  "Where are its gutters?"
D:  "Its what?"
I Man:  "Its gutters, where you get the milk!"
D:  "You mean the udders.  Gutters are what's on the house to catch the rain."
L:  "And inside of you!"
Me:  "Those are guts."

{After finding a bird's eggshell in the yard}
Me:  "Who knew the shells were so fragile?"
I Man:  "Yeah, they get more fragiler as the bird gets older."
Me:  "Really?  Where'd you learn that?"
I Man:  "I just made that up."

{After waking up well after 8 (which is late for her)}
L:  "I slept with my mouth open all night.  Hope I didn't swallow any flies!"

{After singing the last note of a song obnoxiously loud and out of tune}
Me:  "I'm a good singer, huh, bud?"
I Man:  "Maybe."

No comments: