Monday, July 7, 2014

Three Months

Dear LJ, 
You are three months old today. You are such a sweet, happy baby. One of my favorite things about you right now (aside from the fact that I'm no longer feeding you at night) is the way you smile while I'm feeding you. The smile starts in your eyes and works its way down until I see the corner of your lips turn up.  It's adorable! Don't tell dad, but I will miss that about this 'baby stage.'  You're not a great napper, LJ (but thanks for the long nighttime sleep!). In fact, the only way you'll take your late evening nap (around 9pm) is in my arms and while sometimes it's frustrating to not be able to do anything else, I'm enjoying your snuggles so much! Your brother and sister, they adore you and the feeling seems to be mutual as L and I Man can get you to smile and laugh better than anyone or anything else! Dad and I are already wondering what kind of trouble those two are going to get you into some day!  Some day, but not today.  Today you are three months old, no longer a newborn, but still very much my baby.
                                                               Love you, Mom


At Three Months LJ:

eats 6 bottles a day every 3 - 3.5 hours and typically goes 9 hours between feedings at night (10:30pm - 7:30am, usually)

naps about 5 times a day, in the swing (with an occasional nap in the crib, which lasts no longer than 45 minutes, ever!).

sleeps about 8.5 hours at night swaddled in the bassinet in our room (though not without me giving him his pacifier and/or turning on the vibrator in his bassinet a few times, most nights)

likes his brother and sister, to be swaddled, baths, to be held, a burp cloth to play with/chew on, his toys (specifically the kind he lays under), the tv, tummy time (actually he tolerates this more than actually liking it...)

does SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!, squeal, swipe at dangling toys (still by accident, I think), smile big, coo, laugh? (not really sure if he's laughing but it sounds like it or just a really happy, excited coo/squeal)

And now, a few snapshots from Month Three:

meeting J for the first time

being held by cousin K

as the third child, LJ has had to nap 'on the go' a bit more than my others, sometimes it works out, other times not so much...

during the week of VBS we had lots of baby time including dinner dates and shopping

angry eyes?

he enjoys the toy bar on his bouncer these days

but still prefers mom or dad or L or I Man





I told I Man to give LJ a toy


I Man loves LJ's 'new' toy, LJ loves I Man!




And, just for fun...
Left:  I Man @ 2.5 months, Right:  LJ @ 3 months

No comments: