Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Conversations

L:  "How far is it to Walmart?" 
Me:  "Not far."
L:  "Is it the closest place in the village?"

L:  "I can't wait to see what Jesus looks like."
Me:  "Me neither!"
L:  "But do you know what the best part will be?"
Me:  "No, what?"
L:  "Playing on the streets!"
Me:  "Because they're gold?"
L:  "Yes, and because Jesus won't let the cars hit us."

Me:  “Do you have to go stinky?”
I Man:  “No, my butt’s just itchy!”

{While playing a game in which both L and I had already each won a round}
D:  “Looks like I Man and I are the biggest losers.”
I Man:  “I’m not big, I’m little.  I’m a little loser.”

{While watching the offering plate go by during his first time with us in ‘big church.’}
D:  “Do you know what that is?”
I Man:  “Yes, it’s the money we give to God; but how do they get it up there?!”

{While discussing baby names:}
L:  “If it’s a boy we can name it Carsten because that starts with a C and that’s the THIRD letter of the alphabet.” 
I Man:  “If it’s a girl we can name her Flower and if it’s a boy we can name him Super!”

A prayer by I Man:
“Dear Jesus, thank you for this food and dear Jesus, thank you for those strawberries, and dear Jesus help L to not be mad when I want her to play with me.  Amen.”

D:  “L, are you going to be an inventor when you grow up?”
L:  “I don’t know.”
I Man:  “I’m already an inventor…what’s inventor mean?”

I Man:  "I love LJ.  He's the best person in the world except for God!"

L:  "Amber and Carl are having a grown up play date."
D:  "Who are Amber and Carl?"
L:  "The neighbors."
Me:  "Did you talk to them?"
L:  "No, but I waved."
Me:  "How do you know they're having a play date?"
L:  "Well, the boys are playing basketball and the girls are watching."

Me:  “What was I going to do again?”
I Man:  “I don’t know, I thought grownups were good rememberers!”

And, after seeing these cracked, hard boiled eggs in the fridge...


L:  "Mom, the eggs are hatching!"

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

Yay for conversations! I can hear Isaac saying inventor - "inventow." Love!!