Friday, January 25, 2013

#3

...and a word about blogging.  It's no secret I haven't been blogging much lately, maybe you've noticed?  I've been slacking for a variety of reasons but in the interest of keeping you informed when I DO blog I've added a 'follow by email' feature to the right.  All you have to do is enter your email address and each time I post something new you'll receive an email telling you I've done so (at least I think that's how it works).  You're welcome!
 
And now on to the real reason for this post...
 
I Man turned 3 on Sunday (3!?). 
 
When I asked him what kind of party he wanted for his birthday the choices were clear (in my mind anyway).  1) Curious George 2) Construction or 3) Firefighter.  Once he saw the choices he was set on a fireman birthday (no matter how hard I pulled for the construction one (becase that cake looked way, way easier)).  So a firefighter birthday it was for both him and Great Grandpa! 
  
printable invitation and a few other decor ideas (namely food cards and cupcake toppers) from here

those balloons are supposed to be water - idea from here

and those boxes are buildings on fire, of course!

directions for this cake here, and yes, I'm still confident that that construction cake I was pulling for would have been easier!!

he was happy with it, though!
 
Once the party started there were guests (and more guests via Skype)


cards

presents


a game

('pin' the hat on the fire dog)
 
prizes

food (to go with the firefighter theme, I served a "Hot" Potato Bar, "Sound the Alarm" Chili and "Fire Extinguishers" (pop and water).  I also had some candy out "Fireman Hoses" (twizzlers) and Stop, Drop and "Tootsie" Rolls)

and cake!


 
 (I still can't believe he's 3...sigh!)
 
when I Man's #3 candle was accidently blown out, he got to help Great Grandpa blow out his 86!




The rest of the party was spent playing and visiting
 
 and once the crowd had left and the balloons came down, the fun continued because L and I Man discovered that balloons can stick to lots of things...
 
including them! 
 
Happy Birthday, Little Man!


1 comment:

lesley said...

Amazing, Missy! What an awesome party! {Dontcha just hate it when they don't choose the party YOU want to have for them?!?!}