Yes, it's true that we're just about done with another week and I'm just posting my pictures from last week but I have lots of excuses like the pile of laundry I've been trapped under washing, folding and putting away, the refereeing I've been doing (because L and I Man are suddenly without cousins and have only each other to play with!) and my failed attempt at baking bread three. times. in. a. row! Sigh (more on that later...maybe)! Oh and there is this...when I uploaded the pictures from our trip to the lake {which included my own pictures and those of my sister} the number was 838. Yep, it's overwhelming! I've narrowed it down to 35. You're welcome! Without further ado...
Day 1
Sunday {08.19.12}
(with the beach 20 feet from the back door and the playground 10 feet from the side door, this may have been the perfect cabin for 13 people (7 of which are age 9 or under!)).
(sticks and cups with S & N)
(by S & A1)
(L spent pretty much all of her time in the water!)
(I Man was a little more hesitant. Notice his hands are folded and he is sitting just so {so as not to touch anymore sand than he has to!} with a scowl on his face...)
(they filled up the table all by themselves!)
Day 2
Monday {08.20.12}
(the babies)
(notice I Man is a bit more comfortable now!)
(uncle (D), niece (A1) kayak races!)
(L's 'kayak')
(ice cream at DQ)
Day 3
Tuesday {08.21.12}
(lucky for us the pontoon had a max of 18 people so our 13 was no problem!)
("hey, I've got a fish here.")
Day 4
Wednesday {08.22.12}
We spent this morning shopping downtown (no pictures, boo!) but the kids made the most of the afternoon playing on the beach!
(uncle D even showed them how to make a river!)
(most evenings were filled with games and laughter. here we were playing 6 handed solitaire. it was intense.)
Day 5
Thursday {08.23.12}
(the whole crew)
(picking out and buying{!} their very own ice cream!)
(a new found frog)
Day 6
Friday {08.24.12}
(L learned how to pump - hooray!!)
(wait! is that a smile?!)
(Goodbye lake! We miss you already!)
Saturday {08.25.12}
D attended his 15 year class reunion today. He didn't take the camera with him so hopefully we'll get a picture or two from someone who did!



































2 comments:
We had a wonderful time!!! We should make plans "The Family Vacation" 2013!!!! Andy and I really did enjoy our time with you all!!!
Mama
Way to go Missy! You beautifully captured our vacation! That family picture turned out really well. So fun!
Post a Comment