Since I was very busy yesterday (and apparently the last 2 weeks) with many important things to do (read: lazy) and didn't get around to doing a Not Me! Monday post, I decided I would do just a Not Me! post instead. Who cares if it's not Monday, right?!? So, here's what has definitely NOT been going on around here (but really has)...ENJOY!
I have NOT been totally slacking in the picture taking area (and therefore in the blogging area too, sorry!) and at the same time wondering how baby #2 will have any pictures at all! You should be warned that though this post is long and full of stories there are very few pictures. Again, I sincerely apologize!
I have NOT had the following pictures on my camera since December 5 after our first 'measurable' snowfall when D and L went out to play in the snow. L did NOT try to 'throw' the snow as she had done with the leaves this fall. She did NOT come inside with very rosy cheeks causing me to wonder if she had been out too long. She has NOT been outside to play since this day (really!) because of the frigid temperatures we have been having here in ND! In fact, last night the weather forecast did NOT have the word warm across a couple of days in the forecast because the high was going to be 17, 18 or 19 degrees (actually it did...who are they kidding!)!
We do NOT have a Christmas tree up this year (really!) but L does have her nativity set out. She does NOT love to play with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and the many barn animals. She also does NOT like to make the Angel play Away in a Manger and certainly does NOT say "Hey, that's my singing!" whenever she hears the song on the radio (as if no one else can know or sing that song).
Finally, I do NOT let my child stay in her PJs for a good part of the morning and I am always interacting with her never leaving her to have to read her books by herself. Now before you get too impressed that she's actually pointing to the words as she reads, you must know that she's telling the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears even though the story she is looking at is about a deer waiting for his mother in the forest and makes no mention of Bears or Goldilocks.
Here she is reading Froggy's Best Christmas and actually talking about the characters in that story. Maybe there's hope for her yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment